Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tool #2

I enjoyed visiting my co-workers blogs. This tool made me check out what my colleagues are doing and see their progress. Also, I like it that my co-workers are leaving comments on my blog. I feel like I'll take the entire exercise more seriously if I think people are actually reading what I post.


I don't know if this counts as a PLN, but I visit webenglishteacher.com all the time. It's a favorite of mine. There are always a ton of resources to beg, borrow, and steal. I also visited CoolCatTeacher but I had a difficult time reading the interface. I couldn't find what I was looking for easily. Then I went to the Educator's PLN blog. The whole interface seemed cluttered to me. I spent some time on the Forum part of this webpage, which I found much easier to navigate. Should I ever get iPads in my classroom, the Forum on this blog had several good ideas for useful apps in the classroom.

Finally, I've never had a problem sharing my thoughts publicly. I know this can sometimes get me in trouble, but with the added quasi-anonymity of the blogosphere, I feel like I'm even more ballsy in what I will say.

I liked The Learning Network blog. I got that website from visiting Donya's blog. I will probably visit this one in the future since it has a daily news quiz. I will most likely use this resource next school year when we write the Current Events essay in the fall.

1 comment:

  1. They are the best colleagues - aren't they??? They have been so good about helping each other. I bet you've helped others, too! And YES, visiting webenglishteacher.com counts as part of your PLN. I agree about CoolCat - too busy for me. And YAY for you - learning about another blog from another person's blog. That just SCREAMS PLN - woohoooo!

    And please keep on being ballsy. We could use more of that :)

    ReplyDelete