Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tool #10

1. Discuss at least three things you would want to make sure your students understand about being good digital citizens.

Making sure they check the validity of sources and information from the internet. And focusing while using the internet - that research means research, not playing on facebook. I think we would also need to discuss if we are participating in any kind of posting activity - like how to properly respond to or politely disagree with your classmates' opinions.

2. Share at least one of the resources mentioned above or on the Ed Tech website that you plan to use instructionally.

There's a video linked to the SBISD website that I would show. I could also use Atomic learning.

3. Explain briefly how you would "teach" the idea of digital citizenship to your students.

I think we would need to spend time looking at websites and evaluating as a class whether it's valuable. Is the source biased, are their facts accurate? etc. I think we could look at examples of poor citizenship - like people spamming a discussion board or something and look at poor quality websites so we know what to avoid.

4. Explain briefly how you plan to share the idea of digital citizenship with your parents.

I assume this means parents of students. I would create guidelines and post them on my teacher website for parents to access.

No comments:

Post a Comment