Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tool #11

1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.

I like google docs. I'm not sure how to work it in, but I will at some point. I've actually already used animoto since learning about it. I will probably use some of the iPad apps I've learned about. I would probably use Edmoto, once I become more familiar with it.

2. How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom? How has your vision for your classroom changed? Are you going to need to make any changes to your classroom to accommodate the 21st Century learner?

I guess I have realized that technology is much more present than I realize and I need to embrace it rather than shy away from it. The students are so much more technology focused, that activities that integrate it will be easier and more familiar for them. They are using tech. everyday anyway. I know when I post assignments to my website, they have a greater chance of being read than when I pass out handouts. I need to take this a step further into my lessons and activities. I need to find other ways for students to demonstrate mastery beyond answering questions that I write.

3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

I suppose it made me look at technology more than I ever would have before. I will probably visit the SBISD tech page now.

No comments:

Post a Comment